Have you ever wondered why your energy costs keep rising? Do you know how much energy each of your appliances use in your home? Have you considered using Smart Technology and other energy saving devices but not sure what is right for your home? An energy evaluation can answer all of these questions and help you develop a personalized energy savings plan that meets your families energy demands while reducing overall costs.
What is a home energy evaluation?
A home energy evaluation is an assessment of your home that takes a look at current energy consumption and then identifies energy efficiency measures that you can take to make your home more efficient. An energy auditor can assess where your home is losing the most energy, and then proposes ways to save energy and reduce your utility bills.
Here’s what happens during a typical energy evaluation:
1. An energy evaluator starts by inspecting your home’s exterior. They check components including windows, walls, and eaves, looking for issues that cause leaks into or out of your home.
2. If you have an attic, they will inspect the insulation. It should be correctly installed and applied evenly between your walls. The holes where electrical lines run will also be inspected to see if they’re properly sealed.
3. Next, the furnace/AC air handler and compressor and water heater are inspected. Many times, these are a good candidate for an energy efficient upgrade. Room conditions are inspected for hot and cold spots and blocked air vents. The filter in the furnace/AC is also inspected to see if there is any evidence of potential leaks in the duct work.
4. Finally, audits include an inspection of your home’s lighting. Standard incandescent light bulbs can easily be replaced to lower electricity costs by switching over to light-emitting diodes (LEDs) or compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs).
5. Pools are also evaluated as to how efficient the pool system in general is working and what upgrades might be possible to extend pool swim season.
SouthEastern Energy Solutions provides this service as the core of our business. Our energy evaluations determine energy wasting sources and offer a comprehensive plan that can cut energy costs by up to 90%.
Our Technicians will perform an energy evaluation by inspecting all energy appliances, determine areas of energy waste, offer suggestions on home repair and enhancements and suggest products that are environmentally friendly and energy efficient. Technicians will review your current energy bill and explain which appliances need repair or replacement as well as suggested structural enhancements and improvements.
Interested in learning more? Contact us for your home energy evaluation and start your savings today!